Student Services Center

Last Updated: 3/23/2021 1:12 PM


The Student Services Office would like to remind our students and parents that our job is to advocate for students and to encourage success in and after high school.  We would like to encourage parents to:

  • Contact the teacher first with concerns about assignments, grades, or student progress
  • Ask teachers for specific feedback and to offer specific recommendations
  • Seek additional help from teachers before or after school
  • Contact counselors when questions arise

OUR STAFF (Open link to see staff photos)

Emily Johnson, Counselor-Last names A-G, Class of 2021 A-K, and ELL Students
Use this link to make an appointment to see Mrs. Johnson (use your student email):

Jessica Hembree, Counselor-Last names H-O (Class of 2022, 2023, and 2024), and Flex Academy Students
Use this link to make an appointment to see Mrs. Hembree (use your student email):

Brittany Storms, Counselor-Last names P-Z, Class of 2021 L-Z, Level 2 Special Education Students
Use this link to make an appointment to see Mrs. Storms (use your student email):

Mackenzie Evers, College Adviser
Use this link to make an appointment to see Ms. Evers (use your student email):

Sue Gower, Student Services Coordinator

Susan Johnson, Registrar

Jessica Linderman, Mental Health Counselor through Pine Rest
Referral from assigned School Counselor required.

Scott Glass, part-time Social Worker
Referral from assigned School Counselor required.


Schedule change request form for 2021-2022 school year (form accepts responses only from Plainwell student emails):  


Please note- no schedule changes are allowed after a trimester has begun.
The following changes are not allowed under any circumstances: teacher requests, lunch changes, a different order of classes to be with friends, etc.
You MUST watch your school email for a response from your counselor. Make sure to fill this form out with as much detail as possible. *If you want to drop an AP course after the school year has begun, there is a separate form that must be completed. Please know that if you drop an AP course, the weight is removed from all sections of the course since the exam is not taken.




Each fall, we invite several colleges and universities to visit Plainwell High School to talk to interested Juniors and Seniors.  Check your emailed Daily Announcements in the fall for details so you can participate. 

Other opportunities to pursue:  


Course Information

Community Service

Dual Enrollment Information

Early College Allegan County (ECAC)  Extra year of high school but graduate with an Associates Degree!  Apply in 10th Grade.

Online Courses   Contact Student Services for more information about online courses.

Meeting the Michigan Merit Curriculum Requirement

PALS (Peer Assistant Leaders)

Earning High School Credit in Middle School

Parent Checklists for Preparing Students for Post-Secondary Education