How to Enroll Your Child in PCS
Kindergarten Enrollment 2021-2022
Please check the following 3 steps to enroll your kindergarten student at Plainwell Community Schools.
We are excited for your child to join Plainwell Community Schools! Enrollments are now being accepted for the 2021-2022 school year. Registration is ONLINE ONLY.
- Please set aside 20-30 minutes to complete your application.
- It’s better to open the application on a desktop computer, tablet or Chromebook, then a smartphone.
- Write down your application number in the event you need to go back into the application.
- Please click NEXT at the bottom of every page to move through the application process and click SAVE so you don’t lose your information.
Please have the following documents ready before beginning the enrollment process:
1. Embossed Birth Certificate (you will be asked to show this at your assigned elementary school)
2. Immunization Records
3. 5th Year Check up: Hearing and Vision Test Records
4. Dental Screening Record - Kindergarten Dental Health Form
5. Proof of Residency (utility or tax bill, mortgage/rental statement or driver’s license with current address)
All documents are required by Plainwell Community Schools. We will not be able to place your student in a building until all required paperwork has been uploaded.
School Placement: The district will place your child in one of our three excellent elementary schools - Cooper, Starr or Gilkey. Families will be notified of building placement and classroom placement in mid-August 2021. We place children to balance school and class size and to assure bus transportation. We do not normally take, or honor, requests at this time.
Ready to begin enrollment?
Parents - After completing the online enrollment, please sign-up for kindergarten screening for your student. Link: https://kgscreeningall.youcanbook.me/
We can't wait to welcome our new Trojan Kindergarteners to Plainwell Community Schools in the fall of 2021!
ALL OTHER NEW ENROLLEES
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE ENROLLING YOUR CHILD IN THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR CLICK HERE. You will need the following documents to upload:
- Birth Certificate (you will also be asked to show the birth certificate with the raised seal in person)
- Proof of Residency in the Plainwell Community Schools District (utility Bill, tax bill or current driver's license with district address.
- Immunization Record
- Court Orders or Placement Papers (if applicable)
- If you are outside of the PCS District you will need to fill out School of Choice forms. Forms for the 2021-22 school year will be available March 17.
Request For Educational Records
ADULT EDUCATION ENROLLEES
Please do no enroll online. Please call 269-685-8911